Last week, friend of mine (whom I have not seen in years but I consider a friend nonetheless) gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She posted a pic on Facebook asking people to pray for him saying he is in the NICU at LeBonheur. I said a quick prayer for him that day and have said other quick prayers for him from time to time when I thought about him. I didn't have any other info so I assumed he was a little early and that we would soon see pics of him at home with his big sister, mommy, and daddy.
Today I received a prayer request from my church for this sweet baby. A fellow church partner also happens to be a neighbor to a family member of the baby. I found out that baby has a very serious heart condition. The doctors have told the family that even with surgery he will have serious complications and a very difficult life ahead. Now his family must decide if they should risk the surgery or take him off life support. As a mother I can not in any way fathom what she must be going through. My heart absolutely breaks and I am not able to hold back tears as I write this. I stopped and prayed so hard for that sweet baby; that Our Awesome God will heal him as he sees fit.
God CAN AND DOES perform miracles every day. He could heal that baby's heart right now. But, that may not be in his plan. I find myself asking why a lot. Why do babies have to die? Why would a parent ever have to make such a difficult decision. Why? I know that God is all knowing about all things. There is a reason for this heartache. Unfortunately, we as mere humans can not possibly begin to understand. We usually can not see past our own pain. Its impossible to see what good could possibly come from a situation like this. But there must be.. I have to believe that. That all the hurt and sadness we go through is meant to bring us closer to God. I know I haven't shared many details about the family. I don't know how much they would want shared. God knows who they are so please pray for this sweet baby and his family. I know that Jesus has not left his side for one minute. I hope his parents know that too. Please pray that through this they are able to feel God's warmth around them. If you find yourself asking why like I do, please just look up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Praying for this family Liz, this is such a hard decision and something anyone could never imagine having to do... praying for them!!!
Post a Comment