Well here I am. Back to blogging. The only reason I amble to do this right now is because Toby is watching Handy Manny and Bailey is in her swing. Thank God for the Disney Channel.
I never blogged Bailey's birth story and promptly received the bad mommy blogger award. It was special and magical to me but in the line of birth stories it was mostly uneventful. It was less than 10 hours from the first contraction to her first cry and she was born on Mother's Day which was pretty cool. In the words of my amazing sister "The bitch can birth her some babies". Yep that's me. I have been blessed with relatively easy and uncomplicated births.
Summer was absolutely awful. Truthfully, the worst summer of my life. Bailey was only 12 days old when school let out. A newborn + 3rd grade attitude+ Toby does not a good time make. We were stuck in the house a lot, watched a lot of tv and played a lot of Wii. We did squeeze in a family vacation to St. George Island, Fl which was remarkably relaxing. Then we had to come home and Toby was awake.. The.whole.time. Hell in a mini van. We had been home for 2 weeks and had to have Olive put to sleep. My heart was (and still is) completely broken. She started attacking Dolly about a year ago and even though we did everything we could, we just couldn't stop it. So after the last time and $1200 to have Dolly put back together again, we said goodbye to our giant girl. I still miss her every day.
After Olive left, we got Pearl. A super cute and extremely active boxer/American bulldog mix from the Memphis Animal Shelter. I didn't want her. When I talked about getting another dog, I said specifically I didn't want a puppy and I didn't want a boxer. Well guess what we all saw first. She is really sweet and the boys love her and I like her a lot. She is ally bad about taking food off of the counters and away from the kids. I've never had to train a dog NOT to do that. This is going to take some getting used to.
School finally started and we have been able to get back into a normal routine. Chase started 3rd grade and I think this is going to be a hard year for him. We started him back on his Focalin for ADHD and 2 days ago Chris lost the bottle. Yes. So because it is a class 2 scheduled drug, we can't get another refill until September 9th. I feel bad for Chase's teacher. Toby is back at Lakeland in
pre-k. They moved him to afternoons which royally screwed me. Last year he was going mornings. I dropped him off at 9 and the bus brought him home at 1. I got 4 free hours in the morning and put him down for a nap about 1:30. He would sleep until 4 when Chase got home. Happy day for Mommy. Well now.. He is with me until the bus picks him up at 12:20 and he gets home at 3:55. W.T.F. I only get 3 1/2 hours of sanity daily. We have a meeting on the 30th about increasing his hours. Pray it goes well.
Bailey is precious and wonderful. She is such a good baby which is a blessing. I'd probably be swinging from the rafters if she wasn't. She usually sleeps all night and is a great eater. Every 4 hours on the dot. She hates tummy time and prefers to be held so we are working on that.
Having 3 kids is hard. I never could have imagined how hard it was going to be. I think the hardest part is never having any time to myself. With 2 kids I could still skim by with some alone time while they were at school or in bed. No more. There is ALWAYS someone needing me, talking to me, touching me, puking on me, etc etc. Even with all that I am not opposed to the idea of a fourth. Call me crazy maybe?
So there you have it, our last three months in a nutshell. Thanks for sticking around and reading all this!










No comments:
Post a Comment