Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A day in the life of.. Mom Fails

So today was not a fantastic day on the mom-o-meter. Lets start from the beginning.

1. In the mornings I usually try to feed my kids anything not pre-packaged. This morning I planned on getting up in time to cook but in the end opted for an extra 20 minutes in bed. Chase had cinnamon toast crunch (and I was surprised that he pulled 2 clips today) and Toby had an eggo with some fresh fruit. I redeemed about half a mom point by giving him the fruit.
Breakfast = FAIL

2. Toby is only in school a half day and rides the bus home. He has been in his big boy underwear for 3 days and (up until today) no accidents. Well this afternoon he decided to piss a river on the bus ride home. Poor little guy was so embarrassed he wouldn't get out of his seat. Soooo, I had to get on the bus and reassure him that it was ok. He usually goes down for a nap 30-45 minutes after he gets home. Today he asked if I would lay down and snuggle him in the big bed. I felt bad so I said ok and we went to my room to nap. Why I didn't make him go to his room i have no idea. Toby does not sleep in our bed. Ever. And a napless Toby is a grumpy Toby. Basically after about an hour of me screaming at him to lay down, I gave in and let him watch the Tinkerbell movie on Disney Jr.
Naptime = FAIL

3. Chase got home from  school and was being a little weird. I finally got him to admit that he left his lunch box on the bus. I immediately proceeded to flip out. Now.. Before you go all "What a bitch, Its just a lunch box", Let me inform you that in addition to the BRAND NEW Columbia coat left on the bus (that was never seen again) this is the third.. Yes.. THIRD lunch box Chase has lost this school year. So while individually this is not a big deal, looking at Chase's track record for loosing crap not normally lost, my psycho mom rant was totally justified..... Maybe.
Good mommy patience = FAIL

4. After pissy busses, no naps, 3 non-stop hours of the Disney channel, and lost lunch boxes I was ready to get in my van and drive until it ran out of gas. But instead, I choose to go on strike at dinner. So Chase and Toby ate easy mac (I guess.. I didn't even walk in the kitchen so Chris fed them).
Dinner time = FAIL

I know that days like this are limited and one day I am going to look back and long for potty accidents and pulled clips. But today was a bad day and I am so thankful that I get to start fresh tomorrow!

Just for shits and giggles I attached a pic of the sheet I have tacked across the doorway of the sun room just off of our bed room. Why a sheet? Because I am too cheap to buy curtains that nobody will ever see :)


No comments: