That happened to me today. I saw online that there is an Indian Restaurant close to my office and I decided to eat there for lunch. I walked in, asked for help ordering (since it was my first visit) and started to read my book while I was waiting for my food. I got to thinking about how very different I am now from 10 years ago.

10 years ago, I would have NEVER gone to eat in anywhere alone. I most definitely would not have eaten Indian food. Of course, other things have changed. Now, I am a mommy, a wife, and generally a more confident person. I like to think that's because I'm a mommy and a wife. I used to be afraid of being alone but now I actually enjoy it. Sometimes its nice to be able to sit alone, read a book that isn't illustrated with dinosaurs or Transformers or isn't made of cardboard. I enjoy being able to eat what I want without hearing that it's gross, or being asked if they have chicken nuggets on the menu. I enjoy not having to tell someone else to sit down, don't throw the food, or get off the floor. I also quite enjoy not having to get up and go to the bathroom 3 times during my meal.
I am so blessed that because of my loving husband and precious children, I have learned how to be with just me :)










1 comment:
I know the feeling. It's nice being alone. I am not where you are yet but I relish the alone time. In the morning, if I get up early enough, I will sit in the bathroom for 30 minutes just so no one will bother me. I just sit alone. No husband talking, no baby crying, nothing. You gotta take the peace and quiet where you can get it :-)
Post a Comment