Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Smacked in the Face

Not literally. But sometimes that what it takes. That's what I need. For God to literally put something in front of me that screams at me and refuses to let me pass it by. I need these things to remind me of how truly blessed I am.

I know that I am blessed. I know that in my head all the time. However, sometimes life catches up with me and my heart forgets. I get frustrated, I feel put out, I feel like things should be different.

I read some prayer requests from Kelly's Korner that reminded me of how really truly blessed I am to live the life I do. I have 2 amazingly healthy children. I honestly don't know how people who have lost children get through it. I can not even begin to imagine what that is like and my heart breaks for anyone who has had to live through the death or illness of a child.

I have a husband who loves me even when many times, I don't deserve it. 10 9 out of 10 times he receives the wrath of my frustration. Bless his heart, he usually just shakes his head, lets me finish and then goes on with his day. He has never hit me, threatened me, emotionally or verbally abused me. There are too many women who go to sleep at night praying for the type I man God has given to me.

Anywhoodles, that's my 2 cents... Please head over to Kelly's Korner and read the prayer requests for yourself. Don't forget to thank Him for all the blessings in your life.

No comments: