Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ch ch ch changes

My oh my how life in the House of Beyer has changed in the 3 short weeks since my last post.

First off, I lost my job. Yeah.. it sucks. My boss said that my focus always seemed to be at home with my family. Ummm yeah. Truth be told, I began to get the feeling they weren't happy with me around the time we found out Toby needed surgery. When I told them (a month in advance) I would have to be off 2 days when Toby I had surgery the response was "Why 2 days?". I knew then that I didn't want to be a part of such a petty team and that my days were numbered.

The SAME afternoon, Chris got a call to come in for a second interview at a company he has tried to join for the last 5 years! Yes, over 5 years he interviewed 3 times all for different positions. The last time was a couple months after he got laid off at Securas. They knew that he now had his Bachelors Degree and low and behold, they needed a security analyst. So he went that Monday, he still loved it but after 5 years we weren't holding our breath. Then the next day, they asked him to come back! By that Friday he signed his offer letter. I have not seen Chris so happy in a very.long.time. This position is exactly why he went to school. Exactly what he has trained for, what his degree is in, and financially, exactly where he wants to be. It is also allowing me to stay at home full time!

Now I get to spend each and every day with my babies. I am able to do all the fun summer activities that I want to. We go to the sprinkler park, the Pink Palace, play with friends, and take naps. I am so happy I feel like I could bust! We decided to keep Toby at school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He loves his teachers and his therapists and I feel that it's good for his development to have to communicate with people other than Mommy, Daddy, and brother.


On a totally random note.. I went to the NKOTBSB concert last Monday. They were FABULOUS!! They palyed all their hit songs. I went with some of my very best friends, and 2 new friends! I screamed like a 12 year old girl and if I could ever get a hall pass, I do believe I'd have to use it on Donnie Whalberg.

So there it is. My new life in a nutshell. I hope everyone has a blessed week!

3 comments:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

Aww Liz I am SO happy for you guys!!! God's timing could not of been more perfect!!! Such a blessing and once again, we SO need to get together!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! I have been having issued commenting too, so frustrating! Lets plan to get together next weekend if yall are available!

vwbug405 said...

Again Liz, I'm so happy for you all :-)
I'd like to get the kids together at some point. Maybe sprinkler park sometime? Love you!