Today the Kludgy Mom is talking about her favorite animated movie. Like most people with young children, I have seen many an animated movie. Chase LOVES movies. Some of them come across like nails on a chalkboard but some are actually pretty good. Listed today is my least favorite animated movie (there is only one) and then my 5 favorites. Enjoy :)
Least Favorite
#1 - The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie
I really hate this movie. I think Sponge Bob is a moron who, in turn, is teaching kids to be morons. He is banned at our house. Ughh.. I get a headache just thinking about him.
Favorites!
#5 - Shrek 2
I enjoy all the Shrek movies but this one is definitely my favorite. I love how the story line always revolves around learning to be happy with yourself. In this movie Shrek is changed into a handsome prince because he thinks that's what Fiona wants. In the end he finds out she loves him just the way he is. Who of us hasn't tried to change to make someone else happy? It's so sweet that even an ogre can find true love.

#4 - Mega Mind
Its funny. It has an awesome soundtrack. It's got a great message. Heroes can be found anywhere.. even in a super villain.

#3 - Coraline
What kid hasn't wanted to trade in their parents? I know I thought about it a time or 2. Well Coraline gets her wish and almost ends up almost being eaten by a witch in the form of a giant spider. She realizes that even though the people she loves aren't perfect, maybe they are perfect for her. Enjoy kids!

#2 - The Lion King
Ahh I love The Lion King. Helen and I use to watch it over and over again. Simba runs away when he is made to believe that he killed his father (thanks Disney) but is then forced back when he finds out that his family is in trouble. He ends up becoming "The Lion King" (see what I did there bahahaha) and we learn that you cant run from your past. You just have to face it and battle your evil uncle for control of the pride lands. Actually, that last part may not apply to everyone.

#1 - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Jack Skellington, Sally, Oogie Boogie, little flying vampire dolls; whats not to love about this movie! Chase begs me to sing along with all of the songs and he thinks its so funny that I know all the words. I've been watching this movie since I was 12 years old. I will never forget when I was in the hospital alone with my newborn son for the first time. I was holding him and thinking about how I had no idea how to be a mom. I cried (because that's what I do) and I breathed in his little baby smell and I told him I would love him like no one else on this earth would and that I promised to be the best mommy that I could be. Then I turned on the TV and this movie came on. That was the first time I sang "This Is Halloween" to my Chase. He still loves when I sing it.

So there you have it.. my favorites. I would love to know what yours are too! I hope you all have a a blessed week!
Liz










No comments:
Post a Comment