Friday, April 13, 2012

Raising Boys After Growing Up With All Girls!

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner and writing about raising a house full of boys!

Precious Boys on Easter Sunday
Raising children is not for the faint of heart. That we can all agree on. However, I truly believe that it takes a special woman to raise a house full of boys. I grew up with 2 sisters. My house was filled of Barbies, bows, pink puppies, and princess dresses. After I got married and Chris and I started to plan our family, I just assumed I would have a girl.


Once I found out that our first little blessing was growing inside of me, I had a nagging feeling that it was a boy. We were not surprised when we saw that little turtle on the ultrasound!

Chase is my sweet boy! He is 7 1/2 and in the first grade. He is sensitive, affectionate, and very silly. He loves science, nature, animals, and super heroes. He loves to cuddle and is always there to offer a hug if he thinks you're sad. He likes to help me bake and he loves babies. Chase likes to climb trees and catch grasshoppers. He is definitely a talker and will make friends with just about anyone! He loves his family and our Sunday nights where we watch Once Upon A Time together. He is courteous and always tries to be a little gentleman. He is such a joy!
Always making people smile!


Toby is my wild child! He was the easiest baby you can imagine. A good sleeper, eater, and always happy as can be. He was a late walker (didn't take his first step until 15 months) and I used to call him my little lump because he was so happy to just sit next to me. To say I was ill equipped when Toby started walking would be an under statement! He is funny, loud, loving, and very active! He loves trains, dinosaurs, motorcycles, and The Lion King. He will eat just about anything you put in front of him. He can climb, jump, and get into any cabinet he pleases. He keeps me on my toes and you can guarantee that with Toby around, there is never a dull moment!
I couldn't believe I actually caught him in a picture!

My home is full of trucks, dinosaurs, Transformers, 
toy swords, and guns. There are messes, bugs, and boogers. I love my boys and I wouldn't trade them for anything!





3 comments:

vwbug405 said...

I too love your boys :-) they are smart, sweet, funny and lucky. Lucky to have such an amazing mom!

CandidCollections said...

After growing up with just my sister, we were both blessed with all boys...there are five between us & we LOVE them to pieces! Your boys are so cute :)

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner & we have a lot in common! I had 2 sisters as well and have 2 little boys. I love learning their differences just like you & your boys.