I saw my friend Mere took part in this link up and thought it would be fun to participate too!
What's your favorite holiday movie? This one is a toss up for me. I would say I have to break it down into 3 categories... My favorite animated Christmas movie is The Life And Adventures of Santa Claus. Its one of those old clay-mation Rankin-Bass movies based on a book written by L. Frank Baum (who you may remember wrote The Wizard of Oz) I may have to add the book to my Christmas list :)
My favorite Christmas movie from my childhood is A Smoky Mountain Christmas. It stars the lovely Dolly Parton and Lee Majors. Think Snow White and the 7 dwarfs set in the Smoky Mountains forever frozen in 80's awesomeness
My new favorite Christmas movie is The Family Stone. Even though the end is sad, I like how it depicts the unconditional love of a family.
Do you have any special traditions? We always open up 1 present on Christmas Eve (always pajamas) and give the boys a new movie that we all watch together.
What's your favorite ornament or decoration? I love the boys' "Baby First Christmas" ornaments and anything that they make me. This year Chase painted ornaments for myself, Chris, and Toby and surprised us with them. I cried.
Best gift you've ever received? The first Snow Baby that Chris gave me the first Christmas after we were married. He still gives me one every year but the first is my favorite.
Worst gift you've ever received? That would have to be any number of the dollar store/discount store bath sets I would get from extended family when I was a teenager.
Favorite winter accessory? That would be my jingle bell necklace that Chase gave me when he was 5.
Real tree or fake? We have always had a fake tree. No real reason why, its just what we have always done.
When and how did you find out that Santa was not real? I was 8 years old and saw some presents wrapped at my big sister's apartment. She told me they were gifts for her mother-in-law. On Christmas morning those same wrapped gifts were set out as gifts from Santa. Because of this, I do not wrap my kid's Santa gifts.
I hope you all enjoy reading about some of my favorite Christmas memories! You can link of too my following this link. Merry Christmas!
















2 comments:
I LOVE the Family Stone too! and not because Sara Jessica Parker's name in the movie is Meredith:)
Thank you for linking up! I can't believe how many people have the pjs tradition!
Post a Comment