
My Great Dane, Shazzy, is old. It's hard to admit and I think has taken me a long time to realize. It breaks my heart to admit it. Lately she seems to have less and less energy and she sleeps more than ever. Because her bones are so heavy she has arthritis and is at a point where it is increasingly difficult for her to walk. Her night time "accidents" are becoming the rule rather than the exception. She has hip dysplasia and because of that she tries very hard not to put pressure on her back legs. The extra pressure on her front legs is taking its toll. I noticed on Saturday that she is basically walking on her front right leg and back left leg. The other 2 are pretty much just in tow. Even with all this, she still has so much life in her! This weekend she ran in played in the snow. It was so sweet! She is very tall (the top of her head comes just above my hip) and she loves nothing more than hugs. She walks up to me and will bury her head in my tummy for me to bend over and hug her. I love her so much and I'm not sure I will know when it's time to say goodbye. 
Shazzy girl taking a nap

Baby Chase loving on Shazzy

Making a silly face!

Shazzy about a year old in her favorite hat!










No comments:
Post a Comment