Friday, April 16, 2010

New Recipe


I made this recipe tonight and it was sooooooo good! Below is the original and then below that, I wrote what I changed in it. Enjoy!

What You Need!
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
3 Tbsp. apricot preserves
1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, chopped

Make It!
HEAT oven to 375ºF.

POUND chicken to 1/4-inch thickness; place, top-sides down, on work surface. Mix cream cheese, onions, parsley and garlic; spread down centers of chicken breasts. Roll up, starting at one short end of each. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow pan.
MIX barbecue sauce, preserves and hot pepper sauce; brush 1/4 cup evenly onto chicken.
BAKE 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), brushing with remaining barbecue sauce mixture the last 5 min. Top with bacon.


Liz's changes!

I used 3 BIG chicken breasts instead of 4 small
A whole bunch of green onion instead of 3 pieces
Dried parsley
Garlic Powder
Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce
Pear preserves
6 pieces of bacon

I didn't measure any of the ingredients out except the cream cheese. I usually do better when I eyeball our stuff and alter the ingredients to taste. I couldn't find apricot preserves so I used some pear that Chris's grandmother jarred and gave us for Christmas. I love bacon so I added some. I mixed the bacon in with the cream cheese/onion mix. I poured half the BBQ sauce mix on while cooking and the rest over the last 15 minutes. I don't know about your ovens but 35 minutes did not do it with mine. I cooked it at 375 for 40 minutes and then turned it up to 400 and cooked it another 10. I think 400 for 35-45 minutes would do the trick. Again, adjust this to your oven. Most of these ingredients can be subbed with other ingredients in your pantry or fridge. I don't know about you but, I loathe making a special trip to the store.
I hope you all have a blessed and happy weekend!

No comments: