Friday, April 23, 2010

Show us your life: How I Met My Husband



I love this topic! Like my sweet friend Katie, I have never participated in Kelly's Show Us Your Life posts. However, This is such an awesome pick, I just couldn't resist. Here goes.....

Once upon a time in a land far, far away... Ha ha.. Nope, that's a joke :)

Ok, here's the real stuff.

In late May 1999, I was having lots of fun. I had just finished my junior year of high school. Up until that point, I had never had a boyfriend. This used to upset me a lot until I really started dating which was less that a year before. I think I really started dating in September or October of 98. So anywho, I started realizing that I didn't WANT a boyfriend! All these guys that I thought I liked SOOOO much really started to get on my nerves after a couple of weeks.

Enough background, on to how I met Chris. My little sister's p.o.s. ex just got a job at the new Firestone on Hwy 64. Helen came home from meeting him for lunch and was telling me how good looking this guy that was that worked with CH. Well, apparently CH had told said hot guy about me and gave him my number. That night he called me and we talked for a little over an hour . He called me again everyday for the next few days. And finally asked me to come over to his house, he wanted to meet me. That night I went to his house. I got lost and ended up being an hour later than when I was supposed to be there. I pull up and I see this kind of gooby guy standing there.

This was his younger brother but I didn't know that; I thought this was Chris and I was not too happy. Not that there isn't anything wrong with brother, he just isn't my type. He didn't look like how Helen described. Then from behind this big ugly black truck, stood up the hottest guy I had ever seen. All I could think was "THANK YOU HELEN!". I mean, he literally took my breath away. I knew there was no way this guy would like me. I was way too nerdy. Well I stayed over until 3 AM just talking and laughing. I had never had so much fun! When I finally had to leave, he walked me to my car and gave me the weakest hug ever. No kiss! (yes, I wanted a kiss on the first date) I knew for sure he didn't like me. I left pretty confident that I would never hear from him again. Well, guess who called the next afternoon! We went out again with a group of friends this time I got a little chicken peck. I still didn't think he liked me. Then he called again the next day! We went out again to see a movie and then finally, my kiss! I was on top of the world! I thought to myself, "I wonder if I'll marry him".

Well for both of us, it was all over! I have never had eyes for anyone but Chris since that day. When he kisses me, I still get those fireworks. Not every kiss, but most kisses for sure. We got married when I was 20 and he was 22. Boy, did we catch a lot of crud for that! Everyone thought we were too young, to naive, too immature. Maybe we were. It has been very hard. We have been through a lot but we have been through it together. This year we will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary, Chase's 6th birthday, and Toby's first. I am so thankful for Chris. He has always been there for me. He knows me better than I sometimes know myself and I cant imagine being without him. Chris and I are in many ways about as different as 2 people can be. I am a social butterfly. I love to hang with friends and talk on the phone. Chris would take a night at home over going out, any day of the week. Chris doesn't mind spending money and I tend to be a penny pincher. After almost 11 years we still have so much fun! And when I was in the hospital last year, he didn't not leave my side for one minute. He and our children mean more to me than anything on this earth. I still wonder if he gets those butterfly feelings for me. If he gets excited when he sees its me on the phone or smile because he sees my e-mail address in his in-box. I hope he does. I know I still do.


I hope you all have a blessed and happy weekend!

2 comments:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

Awww Liz... your so sweet! I was not this nice to John in my post as you were to Chris...ha! We miss y'all and we enjoy hanging out so much too! Maybe next weekend we can all get together? Love you!

Ms. J said...

So sweet! We got married at 20 and 21 and everyone thought we were too young too! But we are mature, happy and in love and wouldn't trade it for anything!