Monday, May 10, 2010

Not Me Monday, Mother's Day, T-ball, and a Hero

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I definitely did. It started out with my sweet hubby surprising me with a new data phone! I told him I would like to have one but I had no idea he would get me such a nice one. Its called a Hero. It's so much fun! It takes video and has apps like an IPhone. I am still learning how to use it but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

Oh Greek Fest.. I had a blast! Isn't it awesome when you haven't seen someone in 18 months and you can pick up just where you left off like you still see each other every day? Well that's how it was with me and Sophia. We talked and laughed for so long. I thought it was around 9:00 when we left. I got in the car and saw it was almost 11! My poor babies. They were so sleepy but they were real troopers. So well behaved! The food was great but the company was even better. I cant wait to see Sophia and Thomas again!






Chase had his first T-Ball game Saturday morning. He did great!! Each time he hit, he kept his eye on the ball and only missed the tee one time! He paid attention and caught his grounders and he can throw better than anyone else on the team. I am so proud of my little man!




I found out something this weekend about someone that I love very much. If she is reading this, I'm sure she knows who she is. I want to say, I love you and I'm praying for you! I'm always here for you anytime you need to talk! The news I received inspired me to do a different kind of Not Me Monday. I hope you all enjoy. Remember to hug your babies extra tight today. After all, they are the reason for mother's day!

It's not me who is so blessed to be Chase and Toby's mom. Sometimes I feel so undeserving.


It's not me who has an amazing and loving husband. How did I get so lucky?

It's not me who had healthy and happy pregnancies, there are so many who try for years to have one and I was blessed twice.


It's not me who has more love in my life than I could ever ask for. Too many spend their whole lives looking for what I already have.


It's not me who is saved by God's Grace everyday. I try to follow, do my best to keep up. Unfortunately there are too many times when I known I am walking away. No matter where I am in my walk with Jesus, he is always there. Waiting for me to turn around so he can meet me where I'm at.

I hope you all have an amazing week!

2 comments:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

Love you Liz and Love your heart!!! I'm glad y'all had such a great weekend, your such a wonderful Mom! I love you!

vwbug405 said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad you got to enjoy greekfest with your friend. I'm still eating my pastries, yum! galatakoborika (sp?), I know I spelled that all kinds of wrong, is my favorite!