It's been a while since I last posted. The first week of December, I went into the hospital and had my gallbladder removed. I hated being away from the boys and I was terrified of having surgery but other than that, it wasn't too bad. I was very blessed to have wonderful doctors taking care of me. Chris stayed with me every minute. I am so lucky to have him for my husband. He was so loving and concerned while I was in the hospital. I was hooked up to all sorts of IVs and could barely move. He helped me get up, helped feed me, and brushed my hair. Anyone who knows Chris, knows that he is not a very emotional or sentimental person. He doesn't cry or go on about lovey-dovey things but him being there with me meant more that anything else in this world.
I got home on Dec 6th and it took me about 3 weeks to fully recover. Thankfully I was all better by Christmas! We had a wonderful Christmas. We were able to do so much more for Chase and each other than we ever imagined. Chase got tons of presents from us and "Santa" :) Santa even managed to drop off some toys for Toby! Chase begged for an Optimus Prime Transformer that was rather expensive but Santa brought it anyway. He asked for it for weeks and weeks. And wouldn't you know.. his favorite present on Christmas Day was a $10 toy gun I got from Big Lots! Kids are so funny, it reminded me that they are always full of surprises.
New Years Eve was our yearly tradition of staying home and watching movies. We went to Fresh Market and got some steaks (that were so big all of could have shared 1 and still had left overs), potatoes, asparagus, portobello mushrooms, and cocktail shrimp. It was all so good we couldn't even eat the peach cobbler I made for dessert! Chase wanted to stay up until midnight, and let me tell you he sure tried! Poor baby passed out just before 11:00.
I keep thinking about how different my life is than what I imagined. Not worse, just different. A very dear friend lives (what I consider) a fascinating life. She lives in Washington DC with her husband, meets politicians and celebrities, and travels all over the world. I look at her pictures and I can only imagine being able to see some of the amazing things she has. This morning I was day-dreaming about going to exotic lands and having the freedom to do what ever I wanted. I must admit I was a little jealous. And then two little arms wrapped around my neck and I heard the words "I love you Mommy". I was brought back to reality and I realized I wouldn't trade what I have for anything else in this world. Who knows.. maybe one day Chris and I can see the world together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
I had no idea you had a blog!! Welcome and you should LOVE it and met so many wonderful people!!!
We need to get together soon!
love you!
Post a Comment