4 Books
This one is pretty easy for me. I love to read and do it as often as I can. Here are my 4 favorite books.
1. The Lovely Bones
I really enjoy any kind of super-natural writing. I also like thriller/murder mystery books. This one has it all. I love the way Alice Sebold goes into such detail about heaven and how Susie continues to watch her family. It seems that only after her death did she really get to know the people she loved in life.

2. Island of the Blue Dolphins
I first read this book in the 5th grade. It is amazing! I used to imagine myself living on the island, making friends with the wild dogs, and catching albacore tuna. I think I'll read it again soon.

3. Good in Bed
I love this book. It's about a full figured girl who doesn't feel she has anything more going for her other than that she is.. good in bed. Of course she is wrong and through life's twists and turns she learns what she is really worth.

4. The Shack
This is the only book that I have ever read in one sitting. It was that riveting. It's total fiction but the way the author describes God's love for us totally changed my perspective. It gave me a new understanding of just how much he loves us and why. My favorite quotes from the book and the parts that literally brought me to tears ....
"When all you see is your pain, perhaps then you loose sight of me?" - God speaking to Mack
Mack: "I don't want to be the judge...
I can't do this."
You suppose then that God does this so easily, but you cannot?"
This couldn't be real. How could God ask him to choose among his own children? Even if Katie or Josh, or Jon or Tyler committed some heinous crime, he still wouldn't do it. He couldn't! For him, it wasn't about their performance; it was about his love for them.
Mack: "I can't, I can't....Could I go instead?....I'll go in their place...Could I do that?" He fell at her feet crying and begging now. "Please let me go for my children..I am begging you. Please...Please..."
-"Now you sound like Jesus.....That is how Jesus loves."
I can't do this."
You suppose then that God does this so easily, but you cannot?"
This couldn't be real. How could God ask him to choose among his own children? Even if Katie or Josh, or Jon or Tyler committed some heinous crime, he still wouldn't do it. He couldn't! For him, it wasn't about their performance; it was about his love for them.
Mack: "I can't, I can't....Could I go instead?....I'll go in their place...Could I do that?" He fell at her feet crying and begging now. "Please let me go for my children..I am begging you. Please...Please..."
-"Now you sound like Jesus.....That is how Jesus loves."
Mack: "So, was it worth it?"
Jesus: "Mack, I would have done it even if it were just for you; but it wasn't."










No comments:
Post a Comment