Friday, August 19, 2011

Oscar



This is Oscar.
Oscar needs a home.
Here is his story thus far..
Yesterday morning it was pouring outside. I was running late dropping Chase and Toby off at school and had to get home to get ready for my hair appointment. On our way to Chase's school, I saw a little black dog running back and forth at the four way stop of a very busy intersection. I could see it was so scared so I pulled over, stopped the other cars and called the little dog. He ran to me and jumped into my arms shaking. He smelt horrible, evidence of being outside for at least a week. I dropped Chase off and started thinking of what to do with this stinky little dog. I called Helen and we hatched a plan. I couldn't have helped Oscar with out Helen. I dropped him off at Pet Vax for a bath and some shots. I picked him up after I got Chase and had no idea what I would do with him next. The veterinarian says he needs a surgery to have a hernia repaired. That's expensive and I just cant pay for it right now. When I explained that I had just met this dog a few hours before, she said that if I could find an adopter, she could have the surgery done through the Humane Society. Now to find an adopter. Several people have mentioned taking him but nothing has really worked out yet. Poor little Oscar has the most gentle spirit of just about any dog I have ever met. He is very patient and loving with my boys, doesn't pay one bit of attention to our cats, and is very submissive to Dolly and Olive. He is a total lap dog and only wants to be loved. I wish that I could keep him. I wish that he didn't need a surgery so that he would be easier to place. But that's not they way things have worked out for him. So for now I will love him. I will love him like he's mine and give him a home that he has never known.
Even if it's just for a little while.

1 comment:

vwbug405 said...

I really wish I could take him. Your blog made me tear up :-( That little dog has no idea how lucky he is. You and Helen are such a wonderful blessing :-)